Are you a football fan wanting to take your passion for the game to the next level? Check out this article for all the information you need on Sky Sports Fantasy Football – how it works, what the rules are and how to win! Whether you’re new to fantasy sports or an experienced veteran, this is the perfect guide to get you started.
What is Sky Sports Fantasy Football?Sky Sports Fantasy Football is a fantasy football game that is run by the Sky Sports television channel in the UK. The game allows users to create a virtual team of real-life football players from the English Premier League and other leagues, and compete against other users’ teams based on the performances of those players in actual games. Users can make transfers and substitutions to their team throughout the season, and earn points based on the on-field performances of the players in their team. The game typically runs during the actual football seasons, and prizes may be awarded to the top performers.
Rules of the gameThe rules of Sky Sports Fantasy Football will likely vary slightly from year to year, but generally the game works as follows:
- Users create a team of real-life football players from the English Premier League and other leagues, within a budget.
- Each week, users can make transfers and substitutions to their team based on the upcoming fixtures.
- Points are awarded to players based on their performances in the actual matches. For example, a player may earn points for goals scored, assists, clean sheets, or other achievements.
- Negative points are also assigned based on red card and yellow card.
- Users’ teams will earn points based on the players’ performances, and they will be ranked in a league table against other users.
- User can join a league with friends or with strangers in public league, and compete against each other.
- At the end of the season, typically prizes may be awarded to the top performers.
How to set up a teamSetting up a team in Sky Sports Fantasy Football is relatively straightforward and can be done in a few simple steps:
- Register for an account on the Sky Sports Fantasy Football website, if you don’t have it already.
- Once you’ve logged in, you will be prompted to select your team.
- You will be given a budget with which to select your players. You can select players from a variety of positions, including forwards, midfielders, defenders, and goalkeepers.
- Once you’ve selected your team, you can arrange the players into your preferred formation.
- You can then give your team a name, and choose a kit for them to wear.
- You can select a captain and a vice-captain for your team. The captain will earn double points, and if he does not play, the vice-captain takes the double points.
- Once you’re happy with your team, you can submit it and start competing against other users.
Tips and strategies for successThere are several strategies that you can use to improve your chances of success in Sky Sports Fantasy Football:
- Research the players: Before selecting your team, research the players’ statistics, form, and upcoming fixtures. Look for players who have a good track record of scoring or assisting goals, as well as those who play for teams with favorable fixtures.
- Be mindful of budget: Be mindful of your budget when selecting your team, and try to find a balance between expensive, high-performing players and cheaper, lower-performing ones. Be sure to consider the price and the points per match of the player you’re buying
- Make use of the transfer market: Use the transfer market to your advantage by carefully managing your team throughout the season. Look for players who are in form, and use your transfers to replace underperforming players.
- Study the fixture schedule: Try to select players who have favourable fixture schedule, this will help you gain more points over the next few game weeks.
- Pay attention to injury updates: Keep an eye out for any injury updates, as players who are injured will not earn you any points.
How to win points and prizesThere are a number of ways to win points and prizes in Sky Sports Fantasy Football, including:
- Scoring points through player performances: Players on your team will earn points based on their performances in the actual matches, such as goals scored, assists, clean sheets, and other achievements. Negative points also given for red and yellow card.
- Captaining your players: Your team captain earns double points, so choose a player who you expect to perform well that week.
- Finishing at the top of a league: You will be placed in a league with other players, and you will earn points based on your team’s performance relative to the other teams in the league. You can join a league with friends or strangers, and prizes may be awarded to the top performers at the end of the season.
- Using Wildcard and other chips: Wildcard allows you to change your entire team, the triple captain chip will make your captain earn triple points, while Bench boost will give you points from your substitutes. Make use of these chips when the opportunity arises, it will help you to gain more points in a week.